Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Closet Lust : Velvet

It's doesn't take a genius to know velvet is great during the holidays and especially for those dressier occasions. I've spied a black velvet pleated mini that looks very luxurious and would be perfect for my hubby's Christmas party this Saturday, my first day of freedom. Don't fuss I haven't bought it, I'm still getting over my guilt of my supermarket tights purchase.

I know velvet is not for everyone. It can look cheap easily. A colleague told me that when red clothing is worn right it can look like a million bucks but 80% of the red being worn looks cheap. I feel the same way about velvet, it's more often cheap than not.

Anyhoo, here are a few items I love. A great silver crushed velvet jacket (EEK I know love crushed velvet?) with pleating. Compared to the many structured tux velvet jacket out there I love the femininity of this one. Great to cover your lbd, or even over jeans and a hot black top for going out.



via Anthropologie

For a more casual look how about these black velvet straight pants. The idea is really to wear them like jeans, but add a sequin top and you're ready for night.



via Banana Republic

If you want just a hint of velvet, I love this headband. Question of the day, is there an age limit on this bow headband trend?



via Anthropologie

And let's not forget the gentlemen in our lives? I love a velvet smoking jacket with jeans or with dress pants. I love this navy number on my Canadian cutie.



similar one at J Crew

Hope you're having fun dressing up for your holiday events!

No comments:

Post a Comment