Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 23 : Party Time (mea culpa)

'What?' you say 'But this dress is not in your 30 items!'. True but how could I have guessed that my Christmas party be in my 30 days! Do you forgive my misstep?

My photog was out having his own party (when I picked him up on my way home, I told him stories about the night's event he doesn't remember this morning!) so the pics aren't great.

So here is my party outfit. I thought a black dress was a bit blah so I really wanted coloured tights and went for these opaque burgundy ones (which I bought at the supermarket does that count as shopping?). I felt very avant-garde to be wearing tights with open toe shoes... but I bit the bullet because I really wanted to wear those shoes! What do you think?

DSC_9235

DSC_9230

DSC_9238
(ugh my calf looks horribly HUGE at this angle!)

Dress Banana Republic (hemmed); tights Joe Fresh; shoes Nine West (similar here or closed-toe alternative).

I really love these shoes because the heel is reasonable AND there's a platform in the front. The tights from Joe Fresh come in a bunch of lovely colours, two tones of grey, purple, burgundy, olive, navy, brown,... and they were nice and opaque and were comfortable did not slide down.

My next party is the first day AFTER 30 for 30, so I will be safely within the rules!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! ruffly shoulders, berry tights and gladiator style heels, love!

    Louise
    http://runningonanthro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will forgive you...especially for the holidays! Those tights are fantastic!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes and the burgundy tights!! I have yet to wear an open toe shoe with tights.. think I'll have to wait until I'm back home to try that out ;)

    ReplyDelete