Sunday, December 5, 2010

Closet Lust : Uncanny Mustard Yellow

I have fallen for that certain shade of yellow that toes the line of unusual and unflattering. Luckily it really suits me well.

It all started with this cardigan from Gap.



It's no longer available. I lusted it after it for a while and ended up grabbing it on sale in a medium, which is not my size but suits this boxy style well. I loved this shade for fall because it's unexpected but so right. I was wearing it every other day and got so many compliments. It's not exactly an inconspicuous colour so I had to force myself not to wear it too much and it is part of the reason I didn't include it in my 30 for 30. See how Extra Petite styles it.

Then I saw a merino wool cardigan with pockets at Gap today (shopping for anyone but myself of course!), in that most ubiquitous shade. I have a soft spot for merino, and an even softer spot for this colour.

Then, after stumbling upon this website (an instant favourite) featuring this Madewell cardigan, I'm officially adding the Gap version to my wish list.



via Madewell

I can't find it on Gap online but check in stores.

So, can a girl have too much mustard in her wardrobe? What do you think about this colour and how it would translate to spring and summer?

Happy holiday shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I bought that Gap cardigan after lusting after it too! I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mustard! I have two mustard shirts..I regularly pair them with a pair of faux animal print peep toes. I think mustard is a good colour for all seasons, but it looks better on olive, brown, or black skin.

    ReplyDelete